Following the breakfast dry run at the weekend, we followed a recommendation by Jasper to check out Bill Granger’s method. We tried it for breakfast today and it is a fact that it is the best way to cook
scrambled folded eggs. It is definitely more of a folding than a scrambling action and it gives a really nice consistency. You can check out the recipe yourself, but here it is for your convenience.
- Mix together 2 eggs, 6tbsp single cream or whole milk (seems quite a lot) and a pinch of salt. No need to whisk, just mix until they are all combined. We used 3 eggs for 2 people
- Heat a non stick frying pan and when hot add a knob of butter
- When butter is hot, but before it starts to turn brown pour in the eggs
- Let the eggs sit for 20 s without stirring
- Stir with a lifting and folding action. Use a wooden spoon for this, one with a flat top edge is perfect
- Let it sit for another 10s then stir one last time if needed. You are after a very softly set consistency, if it is slightly too runny you can take it off the heat and leave it to sit for a bit longer
Cooking time is literally about 1 min, so it is going to be perfect for serving on demand. No dry, rubbery scrambled eggs in Danyfan.