Just 2 miles from the centre of the historical market town of Brecon and 1/2 mile from the glorious Brecon Beacons. Dan-y-fan means ‘under the mountain’ and is aptly named as it is at the foot of Pen-y-Fan (head of the mountain), the highest peak in the Brecon Beacons.
Directions By Car
If you have sat nav follow the directions based on the postcode LD3 8LG. This will take you straight to the house, although the ‘you have arrived at your destination’ tends to come just after the entrance.
From the M4 East
- At junction 24 of the M4, take the A48/A449 exit to Newport(E)/Monmouth
- After about 12 miles take the A40 towards Abergavenny
- Follow the A40 through Abergavenny and on towards Brecon
- At the Brecon Bypass roundabout take the first exit to continue on the A40 (signposted Cardiff)
- Continue on the bypass until you reach the next roundabout, then follow the directions below
From other directions
- Take your favourite route towards Brecon, and head to the roundabout to the west of Brecon where the A40 joins the A470. From here follow the directions below
From A40/A470 roundabout to the west of Brecon
- Take the B4601 towards Brecon
- After 200m turn right up the Ffrwdgrech Rd opposite the Drovers Arms pub
- After 3/4 mile take the left fork at a 3 way junction, you will see amazing views of the mountains straight ahead. You may start to get nervous at this point as it is a very narrow country lane, but don’t worry you’re nearly there
- Continue up the road for 3/4 mile as it winds up the hill. You will pass some cottages, a sharp S bend and a road to your left
- You will see stone gateposts and a green gate on your right, this is the entrance to Danyfan.
- If you come to a farm on the left called Cwmgwdi Farm you’ve gone about 400m too far. Turn around and Danyfan is the first entrance on the left.